23.12.05

Photojournalism: CookiePalooza

They are done!! The final list included 9 different kinds of cookies. I am on a sugar high after eating cookies and dough all day. I love Christmas cookie day but I'm glad I only do this once a year.
The day started at the grocery store to collect all the right ingredients. I knew it was going to be a good day when the first store I went to had EVERYTHING I needed, including the red and green candied cherries that have been know to cause a day lost hunting at store after store in the past.

Mmmm! Cookie Dough! And my trust Kitchen Aid Mixer. I love that thing and really hate to leave it behind. There is no dough that the Kitchen Aid can't conquer.


Seven layer bars. OOey Goooey and delicious!


An all-time favorite - peanut butter blossoms. Had to stuff a few of them in my mouth before the chocolate cooled.



Light as air Coconut Macaroons. These are Dad's favorites and he's already had a few.


Walnut Rugelach - These are a guest cookie. I have the regulars and then a few guest appearances each year. These have a great flavor but I don't think they are moving over to the permanent list.




Spritz are a regular on the list. These guys are just a solid cookie, fun to make and cute to look at at.


Another old faithful - Cream Cheese Wreaths.


Mamma Mia!! Pizzelles!


Ok, Kyle... Here they are... Ricotta Cookies. They came out very well and sis and I have already had a couple tonight.




And finally, another guest cookie... They are supposed to be Angel Wings but I didn't have the right cookie cutter. So now they are Almond Rounds, I guess.

Happy Holidays and Wish You Could Share Some of These with Us!!!

Posted from East Hampton, CT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness michelle, my mouth is watering!! i wish i could have some of those peanut butter kiss cookies!! merry christmas and happy new year. much luck in the move to europe. i know it will be great!

Michelle said...

Allyson,

Hope you have a great holiday and are excited for your new adventure as well! I can't wait to hear how you like living there and how school is going. Hope 2006 is happy and successful!