11.9.09

An Announcement



After nearly one year of living with no certain address, I finally found a place to call home. Tonight I signed a lease for an apartment in Munich.

Tomorrow I start packing. And also bed shopping.

Yes, it's a bit early since I don't move in until October 9 but I have no furniture and am gone most of the time between now and moving day. So there is limited time for packing. Tomorrow is the only day to get organized. Buying furniture is usually a slow process, requiring 6-12 weeks for any deliveries.

At least there isn't much to move. It all fit into an SUV when I took it from Cologne to Munich and while I have added a bit in the last 6 months, I have also gotten rid of a bit.

I am looking forward to building up a home from nothing. I've been searching for some inspiration, which means catalogs, magazines and surfing the net, trying on different looks to see what feels right and figure out what is my style. It's intimidating, even overwhelming, but fun nevertheless.

The first guests are set to arrive on December 12 (my sister and her boyfriend) so hope to have the essentials in place by then. I plan to dust off and resurrect my other blog, munich gardener, to track the progress.

Time for a glass of champagne!

Posted from Munich

6 comments:

Mandi said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on finding a place to call home for awhile. Have lots of fun decorating and making it your own!

aimee said...

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations, michelle, that's awesome! what a great place - tons of light. can't wait for your gardening blog to be back up...i've missed it.

C N Heidelberg said...

Congratulations!! It looks beautiful!

The Honourable Husband said...

Congrats!

Michelle said...

Thanks all, looking forward to the indoor projects and settling in this winter!

Snooker said...

I'm so happy for you! The search is finally over. Congratulations.
May the moving begin!