22.11.05

A Swiss Miss

I accepted the offer! On January 9, I will start work in Basel, Switzerland. Tomorrow I will have a call to discuss the logistics of the move, my living arrangements, travel to Munich on weekends, etc. Less than 7 weeks until my start date!! My mind is spinning a little with all the prep I need to do before going. Sifting through what I want to keep and send over and what I need to get rid of. Appointments I need to make. The work I have to fiinish on my current project. I have to sell my car! Yikes! There's a lot to do. I better make good use of the time before I leave.

I also want to be able to spend some good time with friends and family. Although my parents aren't taking this well, they seem to be in a somewhat better mood. I want to have some nice time with them before I leave. My friends are scattered all over, so it may be hard to see everyone before I go but I will find a way to see some of them I hope.

I am in list mode already... M. is laughing at me because of some of the things I'm worrying about. It helps me if I let my mind just randomly wander through all aspects of my daily life now and what I imagine the new situation to be so that I can eventually herd all these ideas into a plan. My best thinking time is in the shower actually. I don't know how many times I solve a difficult work problem when I'm showering in the morning. "I was in the shower this morning, and I think I found a solution to this issue." Goofy.

Anyway, I was playing around with some blog quizzes and I kind of liked this one:
Your Power Color Is Lime Green

At Your Highest:

You are adventurous, witty, and a visionary.

At Your Lowest:

You feel misunderstood, like you don't fit in.

In Love:

You have a tough exterior, but can be very dedicated.

How You're Attractive:

Your self-awareness and confidence lights up a room.

Your Eternal Question:

"What else do I need in my life?"

No comments: