27.5.08

To Market



Eating well has become the norm for me in Europe (as my waistline will tell) and Provence was no disappointment in this area. The French supermarket was fantastic. Even better were the markets - every day of the week you could find a nearby town with a local market. In season right now - asparagus, strawberries, cherries, and cavaillons (local canteloupe melons). Cured and seasoned olives, locally produced honey and cheese were abundant, as well. And don't even get me started on the breads, pastries and sweets. We even had our very own cherry trees in the yard, full of ripe cherries for our picking every day.



Posted from Basel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow, those cheeses would not keep me slim!! :) I love markets!

Anonymous said...

ooohhhhhh...those look divine. once again, i'm so jealous! why is that the produce even looks more beautiful in europe?