28.6.06

Lost

I needed some TV shows and movies to watch in English. As much as I am trying to watch German TV and listen to German radio to improve my language skills, let's face it, sometimes you just need to zone out and not have to think about what you're watching. American TV does just the trick.

Periodically, I buy movies to add to my collection, but recently I bought the first season of the show Lost and I watch an episode every couple of days when I am home relaxing. It spooks me out though. I fly at least twice a week for work and watching the plane crashing over and over gives me the creeps, as does the island.

But I love it! I'm not sure why it's so fun being scared watching TV or a movie but since I was young I've loved the adrenaline boost. Stephen King books, Red Rum, The Exorcist, The Ring, Freddy Kruger, you get the picture.

Tonight is the perfect setting for a scary movie with all the lightning and thunder in Basel. Wait a minute. Be right back... I think I hear something outside... I'm going to investigate... I'm sure it's just those pesky Basler teens again.

Posted in Basel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of the shows on the Swiss stations are actually broadcasted in German and in English; it took me nearly a year to find the magical button on the TV to switch that, but now we catch some movies and other TV in English (including Lost on the French Swiss channel). Yes, TV in German is good for German. But sometimes I just need to cool my brain off a little.