25.5.06

On the Eve of My Departure

Sox are down to their last 3 outs - losing 8-6 to the Yankees. Rally caps are on. And Manny just flied out. 1st out.

I miss the slow, comforting rhythm of summertime baseball. Watching or listening to a game when the heat breaks and a cool breeze starts to blow in through the open windows is about as comforting a feeling as there is to me.

Full count to Varitek.
Ground out.

Mom and I went to the spa today and got pampered for a belated Mother's Day treat. It was a nice lazy day, with chit-chat, shopping and massages. I even held at bay the crush of stress that is mounting as I anticipate returning to work. When I am lucky enough to have such a day away from all stress, I wonder why I don't do something to make everyday more like that.

Stinkin' Jeter threw Lowell out. End of game. Grrrr. But we'll get 'em next time!

This trip passed too fast but I loved the time I shared with my family. I'm rested and ready to tackle this project again, stress and all. I'm excited to see M. after nearly three weeks apart and to do some work around the apartment and in the yard this weekend. We have the World Cup and BBQ's to look forward to and will be planning our vacation to the States and Mexico for later this summer.

See you all on the other side!

Posted from Connecticut

No comments: