13.12.05

Birthday Weekend in Washington

It has been a very busy few days. M. came in on Friday afternoon after an extremely hectic week at work for both of us. I don't know how he pulled it off with the jet lag but he managed to go out for a great steak dinner at Smith and Wollensky and then to one of our favorite bars in DC - Ozio's. We were tearing up the dance floor (or something like that) until about 1 in the morning. It was so nice to be able to sit at dinner together like a normal couple and talk and laugh and hold hands. I'm generally not a big fan of birthdays or New Year's Eve parties but the best I've had of each have been with M. this year.

On Saturday we went to see Harry Potter and did some shopping in the mall. M. stocked up on vitamins, aspirin, etc. for himself and his family. It is just so much cheaper here and he always comes with a big shopping list. Harry was fun but that was more for M. I'm outing him as a Harry Potter fan.

Sunday came all too fast. We went to a gospel brunch at the Corcoran art gallery. It was a little disappointing because there were only about 8 singers and the crowd just kept talking the whole performance so it was hard to really hear the singers. We took our time, wandered around the museum, went for a walk across the street to see the White House and then went home to make some dinner before our flights out.



All in all, it was a great weekend but I wish it hadn't gone by so fast and I already miss M. The only consolation is that he will be back in two weeks for New Year's Even and my final week in the US.

Now I'm in Orlando for a company conference until tomorrow. Of course the weather is chilly - only 44 degrees for the low tonight and we are going to Universal park. I need indoor activities! Time to head out...
Posted from Orlando

3 comments:

Haddock said...

Whenever we visit the USA (or friends do) we always stock up on healthcare products. It's so much cheaper than here in Germany.

lobstah said...

Hey big sis! I like your blog!
Now you are joining those other illustrious on-line folk such as Snip and Quincy. You're definitely in good company :b
Love ya!

P.S. Don't knock Harry Potter!

jen said...

hey lady,
I hit you with a meme. Hope you don't mind, but I did want to know a little more about you. I mean, really, we're blogroll buddies and all. ;)

So, see my blog for details. Haddock hit me with it, so i thought to pass on the love.

jen