3.7.07

Today was a good day

The stars aligned to make today a really good one.

Work is back on track after a couple of weeks of priming the pump. Kudos from the big client boss and you don't get those very often at all. I started to lay the groundwork for transitioning out of my current position as well. I'm ready for something new and exciting.

I had a girly gossipy lunch with a friend. I was really missing having some girls to hang with in the last year. Slowly I am starting to build a network of girlfriends over here.

After work, I went for a 45 minute run. It was one of those endless runs when it starts raining but somehow that makes it more fun. Me, my ipod and a fresh rain shower.

I am in the process of organizing an Oktoberfest weekend and was surprised at how many were up for it. It's shaping up to be a fun group and now I can justify a new dirndl (somewhere in Hamburg M. is groaning, if he has to hear about a new dirndl one more time).

I like days like today.
Posted from Basel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you may not be here, but hope you have a happy 4th of July...
kj

Michelle said...

Hey K, Happy 4th to you too! I celebrated with a nice cheeseburger for dinner last night. :D

Schokolade Mädchen said...

I'm shopping for a dirndl too. We are going to Oktoberfest with our parents, the day after our wedding. I saw a fashion show for www.schatzi-dirndl.de and I liked every single dirndl. I'm going to the store this weekend. I'll let you know what I find:)

Michelle said...

SM - Oooh let me know how it is..I checked the web site and it looks exactly like what I am looking for. I probably won't make it until next weekend though.