7.1.06

Safe and Sound


I arrived safely in Munich this morning. Lufthansa took good care of me and I was asleep for most of the trip but still felt pretty tired when I got here so we just relaxed and napped most of the day.

This evening we went to the mall to get me a hair dryer and ourselves some groceries to cook our delicious dinner. Last time I was here I noticed that my hair dryer was glowing bright red everytime I used it, even with a converter so I decided to just buy one here rather than burn the apartment down.

Now I am comfortable and relaxed after our nice dinner and we are getting ready to watch a movie. Not bad for the first day!

Posted from Munich

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle - happy to hear your journey went well and that you are settling in quite alright. I'm sure the new hair dryer is much more enjoyable now. Welcome to Munich!

Haddock said...

Glad to hear you arrived here safe and sound

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Germany!

Glad you got here safely and that your first day was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to this side of the pond! Glad you got here alright, and you seem to have learned lesson #1 of expat travel quite wel: never believe that an adapter will prevent your electrical appliances from frying. Or burning the house down.

Looking forward to more stories!

christina said...

Great, you made it! Good move with the hair dryer - you don't want to get a bad reputation in your first week here. I think it's actually better to get a dual voltage hair dryer here that you can take with you when you go back to visit. The one I bought here works just fine in Canada with an adapter plug.

Neil @ DNALogic said...

Herzlich Willkommen!

I guess it's time to sell Lufthansa shares now you're settling in.....?

Anonymous said...

hey michelle -

glad to hear you made it to germany safely. looks like things are going well--your dinner looks fabulous!! :) keep me posted on the new transition! i'm thinking about you and hope work goes well this week...